Jump Capital is on the hunt for people that will bring passion and independent perspectives to our team. We are hiring across both our investment and portfolio support teams.
2021 was a seminal year for Jump Capital. We had the privilege to invest in founders who are actively shaping the creator economy with new, fresh perspectives, building the applications and infrastructure for the future of financial services and enterprises that are swiftly adapting to how we all work, shop and engage in commerce today. And of course, our long-term belief in the significant adoption of crypto and web3 started to take hold.
The wave of activity from our existing portfolio was constant, with…
- Over $2.3 billion capital raised across the portfolio;
- 7 new unicorns, including Degreed, M1 Finance and TradingView;
- Over a dozen meaningful funding rounds, including AcreTrader, Balto, LinkSquares, LogicGate, Paradigm, SportTrade, Teikametrics and TRM labs; and
- Last, but certainly not least, the exiting of 7 of our portfolio companies, which have all entered new phases of their business and have been thrilled for those founders and the teams that got them there!
It's hopefully obvious that we are energized about this level of activity and the continued growth and success of these companies and founders. In addition, we launched our 7th fund, which was $350mm, and enables us to continue investing behind these incredible innovators.
As companies throughout our portfolio have scaled up their operations, it is time to keep building our team as well. We are looking to add 5 new members to our team. For our investment team, we are on the hunt for 2 Vice Presidents and 1 Analyst. For our portfolio support platform, we are looking to add a Director of Marketing and a Talent Leader.
Across all of these roles, we are looking for people that have unique perspectives on how best to direct our investment efforts, a passion for partnering with early-stage founders and no-ego, independent thinking, outgoing and team-oriented personalities.
- For the VP roles, we would love to see 3-5 years of experience that strongly relate to investing in early-stage technology companies. An ideal candidate would have a strong analytical mindset and a curiosity and point-of-view about macro and industry trends. One of these VP roles will help to oversee our investment areas with deeper technical characteristics, so a technical skillset will be a plus.
- The Analyst role is the swiss-army knife on our team. An ideal individual would be able to support deep research into our investment areas, conduct company diligence and work with the investment team on identifying great founders to partner with. We are especially interested in those with 1+ years of experience working at a tech start-up, banking, consulting or technical role.
- Our Director of Marketing will be responsible for collaborating on and executing a marketing strategy for Jump Capital, which will include branded content and communications initiatives, managing a cross-channel content calendar and producing blog posts and podcasts to support thought leadership for Jump Capital and its individual team members. Ideally, you will have done this for a few years at a tech start-up or other venture firm.
- As we expand the capabilities and value of our operating platform within the talent domain, we are seeking a dynamic individual with a sophisticated understanding of the talent needs of venture-backed software and crypto start-ups, access to a strong talent network and the desire to help drive the overall growth of our operating platform and portfolio companies. If you are an exceptional networker, have experience in recruitment at a venture-backed start-up or have some years under your belt doing executive recruiting for tech companies, we want to hear from you.
If you would like to talk with us about one of these roles, please reach out to [email protected] with a thoughtful, creative and maybe even a tad fun note. Include your resume if you’d like, but your LinkedIn is just fine too. Most of all, tell us why you would be a great member of our team and how this role has excited you and jives with your passion. Important note that these roles are located in Chicago.